Bevilacqua Research Corporation Engineering Technician Level 4 (C4ISR Test Engineer) in Eglin AFB, Florida
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
This position supports the 46th Test Squadron at Eglin AFB byproviding test engineer support andtechnical leadership in a testing role, which includes review of customer requirements and participation in test planning meetings forCommand, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
- Plan, execute, and report on the developmental test and evaluation of tactical sensor and/or tactical or fixed communications systems supporting command and control operations.
- Provide technical support to include test planning, test procedures, test data collection, and test report writing.
- Analyze test results and document findings to the primary customer.
- Support contractor Developmental Test (DT) activities, including but not limited to: Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), System Acceptance Tests (SAT) and Pre-Installation and Check Outs (PITCO) as required. Also support operational test (OT), force development evaluation (FDE), and certification for test readiness by identifying deficiencies, verifying compliance with specifications and standards, and demonstrating a stable system configuration.
- Maintain knowledge currency in ground based deployable and non-deployable C2 systems.
- Support the development of strategic test documents such as Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), test strategies, Integrated Test Team (ITT) Charters, Test Scenario Plans, and Modeling and Simulation Development Plans.
- The ability to participate/lead formal or informal test and evaluation; monitor test results, including the collection and reduction of test data; analyze and evaluate test results and data against mission objectives; perform quick-look analysis to determine mission effectiveness in verifying requirements is highly desired.
- Active SECRET security Clearance with an investigation date within the last 10 years is required.
- Educational Requirements: Requires a Master of Science degree and over 10 years of relevant technical experience in the field of C4ISR systems (digital data maintenance, communications systems and/or software development/testing in C4ISR systems experience preferred). A technicalBachelor’s Degree plus 8 years’ work experience (total of 18 years) or 12 years of work experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree (total of 22 years).
- Background in fixed and tactical radio communications systems supporting command and control systems.
- Operation and maintenance of radios and microwave communications. Specifically Ground to Air communication radios, microwave data links, Enhanced Terminal Voice System (ETVS) or equivalent type systems.
- Experience with phone interface types: 2/4 wire Ear & Mouth (E&M;), Foreign eXchange Office/Foreign eXchange Station (FXO/FXS) and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP).
- Experience with or knowledge of communications systems using Internet Protocol (IP).
- Experience with serial, VOIP, copper and fiber communication interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and provide system expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including communication skills in areas of technical writing and briefings.
- Ability to interpret test related directives, guides and manuals (e.g. DODI 5000 series, Air Force Instruction 99-103, USAF Technical Order 00-35D-54) to derive test tasks and test requirements.
- Ability to review system requirements to help create program specific test documents such as charters (test team, deficiency review board), test procedures, methods of test and test reports.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Experience with tactical communications methods (radios, telephones, intercoms, telecommunications switches, SATCOM) including practical experience or knowledge of communications laydown to support deployed systems is highly desired.
- Experience with tactical sensors and/or tactical or fixed communications systems and computer based systems is highly desired.
- Proficiency in the use and integration of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) is highly desired.
- Experience with the USAF technical order (TO) management process (to include creating new TOs, TO validation and verification processes, and management of existing TOs) or the equivalent commercial manuals.
- Developmental/Operational testing experience.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ISR-003
Location: Eglin AFB, FL
Clearance Required: Secret