Bevilacqua Research Corporation Mission Planning Test Engineer (Engineering Technician Level 4) in Eglin AFB, Florida
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama**incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
This positionprovides support to the 45th Test Squadron at Eglin AFB.
- Provides mission planning domain expertise and frequently serves as the final authority on software quality.
- Provides mission planning domain expertise in questions/issues of critical importance to the customer.
- Plans tests, establishes criteria, assesses program effectiveness, and investigates/analyzes unusual testing conditions, problems, or questions. Work facilitates development, production, design, or procurement, and affects the efficiency or productivity of a test facility or test activity. Software evaluations may result in new testing techniques or involve assessments which are often the decision basis for large expenditures.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors test projects that frequently require significant modification of standard practices or adaptation of instrumentation to obtain valid results. Plans, monitors and evaluates tests, and assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation methods. Makes recommendations and commitments on the conventional aspects of the testing assignments.
- Demonstrates software experience in one or more of the following environments: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows10, and UNIX.
- Demonstrates aviation or mission planning experience with functions provided by the software including operational use of comparable systems. Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of Technical Orders and aircraft performance charts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the software or class of software being tested, to include experience with the existing software, previous versions, or any associated software used in conjunction with the software being tested. Ability to conduct mission planning using JMPS and PFPS is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and extended experience and training in the problem domain of the software being tested, including extensive general experience as an aircrew member (pilot, navigator, Weapons Systems Officer) accomplishing manual mission planning procedures and techniques.
- Maintains testing/test methodology experience, including testing of software/hardware, such as unit, integration, system, or acceptance testing, and familiarity with Air Force directives and CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with specialized testing tools (i.e. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Application Lifecycle Management, Load Runner, or comparable test tools.
- Maintains experience in the operational testing of any research, development, or test and evaluation software associated with aircraft, weapons, range instrumentation, or other computer systems.
- Maintains experience in the use of automated mission planning software.
- This position requires a technical Master’s Degree and at least 10 years of applicable experience. Twelve years of applicable experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree (Total of 22 years) or eight years of applicable technical experience and a technical BS Degree (Total of 18 Years).
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of and extensive experience/training in the problem domain of the mission planning software being tested; this includes extensive general experience as a military aircrew member accomplishing manual mission planning procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including communication skills in areas of technical writing, briefings, and formal presentations.
- Must have or be able to obtain DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (Security+CE) or higher within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to travel to required meetings (such as Engineering Design Reviews, Formal Qualification Tests, and other enterprise/program meetings) CONUS and OCONUS.
- Must be willing to work extended hours including weekends and holidays when required to meet mission requirements.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Ability to conduct mission planning using Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) and Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) is highly desirable.
- Familiar with USAF developmental and test processes as they relate to software acquisition and instructional systems development.
- Proficiency in the use and integration of Microsoft Office applications is highly desired.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ISR-022
Location: Eglin AFB, FL
Clearance Required: Secret